If you are using a router to connect your computer to internet or connecting an Ethernet/LAN cable to your computer, sometimes you may noticed that their may no internet connection. You don’t get any idea what had happened, you have a fast internet connection, and setup the router perfectly, but no internet connection through LAN. You have to enable DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically in Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties.
Let me show you how to do this. Follow these steps;
First open Control panel, you can search for control panel in Cortana (Windows 10) or in search bon (Windows 8/8.1). Go to Control panel > Network and Internet > View Network Status and Tasks . Here you can view your connection, on the left menu, click Change adapter settings, now you can see the available Network connections. Right click Ethernet/Local Area connection, (You can diagnose your network problem by right clicking Local area connection > Diagnose. This will show an error “dhcp is not enabled for Local area connection”. )
Now select properties by right clicking Local area connection > select Internet Protocol Version x (TCP/IPvx), here x stands for 6 or 4 (scroll down to find it). If you are having Internet Protocol Version 4 select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). (Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) is the next generation of the Internet Protocol). Then select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), click Properties. Now a box like below is opened up.
The whole Process is:
1. Click Start button,then Settings, then Control Panel
2. Network and Internet Connections opened up, now double click on Network Connections.
3. Right click on Local Area Connection and click on Properties
4. Scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Highlight the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) option and click the Properties button. (To enable DHCP,select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.)
5. Once again check the Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically radio buttons are checked.
6. Click OK.
Restart if needed. That’s all now your connection will be displayed. Enjoy internet. If you have any suggestions or doubts let me know.